Our philosophy at MacNeill & Spinnato Family Dentistry is to address all of your oral health care needs.
We accomplish this by:
- Taking a patient-centred approach. Each patient is unique with individual needs. Through one-on-one conversations we will work together with you to provide the ideal approach to address your preventative, restorative and periodontal dental care needs.
- Informing our patients of all aspects of their dental care needs, we build confidence in our patients that the right decisions have been made and that the most effective care plan has been developed.
- Staying up-to-date in dentistry is crucial. We pride ourselves in offering our patients care that incorporates the latest developments and techniques in the field of dentistry. We are constantly learning and improving to provide our patients with the utmost care.
Dr. Jovan P. Spinnato
Dr. Jovan Spinnato received his Honours Bachelor of Science (Hon. BSc.) from the University of Western Ontario in 2009. He then went on to receive his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (DDS) with distinction in 2014 from the University of Western Ontario Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry. Dr. Spinnato was the recipient of the Paul S. Sills Award in Prosthodontics and attained Deans Honour List in all 4 years of his dental degree. He also completed a summer pediatric program in his final year of dental school. Dr. Spinnato joined the Board of Directors at Canadian Mental Health Association.
Dr. Spinnato is devoted to delivering the optimal care to his patients and regularly attends continuing education courses in order to provide the best care for all his patients.
Dr. Spinnato was born and raised in Sarnia. He is happily married to his wife Laura and has two sons, Julian and Lucas. In his leisure time, Dr. Spinnato enjoys playing soccer, travelling and spending time with his family. He is happy to be back practicing dentistry in his hometown.
Dr. Don C. MacNeill
Dr. Don MacNeill has been practicing dentistry in Sarnia since 1980. He is often referred to as Dr. Don by his patients and staff. Dr. Don began his path to dentistry in 1972 with a 3 year diploma in Science Technology Lambton College in his home town of Sarnia. He then received his Hon. B. Sc. Biology from the University of Western Ontario and went on to receive his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (DDS) from the University of Western Ontario School of Medicine and Dentistry followed by a General Practice Residency at St. Joseph’s Hospital in London, ON. Dr. Don received numerous awards while attending the University of Western Ontario including;
- Graduate Fellowship Award – Medical Research Council of Canada
- Johnson and Johnson Award for Operative Dentistry
- Senior Award for Periodontology
- Canadian Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Award
Dr. Don is a life-long learner and believes that continuing education is one of the most important components to providing up-to-date dental techniques and knowledge to his patients.
Don is the proud stepparent to Cassidy and Christian and the very proud papa of granddaughter Ava. In his leisure time, his passions are Olympic Weightlifting and cooking! He holds many National and International Titles, is a Level 3 Coach, IWF #1 Referee and Vice President of the Canadian Weightlifting Federation. He most recently was the representative in organizing the Weightlifting competition for the Pan Am Games in Toronto and has been selected to Referee at the Olympics in RIO in August 2016.